We use the following criteria for admitting children to the school.
- Parental acceptance of the Biblical principles on which the school is run and willingness to allow their children to join in the activities of the school.
- Parental financial commitment to the agreed fees.
- Parental willingness to serve the school. There are various opportunities to fulfil this commitment.
- The ability of the school to meet the educational needs of the child
- Availability of places. The school is committed to providing small teaching groups. The maximum size of each class will vary slightly according to staffing, accommodation and pupil numbers. Children will normally be accepted onto a waiting list if a particular class is oversubscribed.
- Siblings will be given preference.
Process of Admission
Children aged between 4 and 8 years are welcomed into the school.
The admissions process is as follows:
- Parents should request a copy of the school prospectus.
- Parents should complete an application form and return it to the school.
- The school will request 2 references and will contact the child’s existing school if they are of school age.
- The Head Teacher and/or Chair of Governors will interview the parents and the child.
- The school will wish to see examples of the child’s work and the child will usually be asked to attend the school for half a day for an informal assessment which may involve diagnostic tests.
- The parents will be asked to sign the Parental Agreement.
- Once a decision is made to admit the child the school will send a letter to the parents offering a place.
- The parents should then sign the acceptance form and return it to the school together with health forms and various insurance forms and payment of a non-refundable deposit of £250.
- The school will not enter into correspondence on reasons for refusing an application.